Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday and the sun is shining

Yesterday I woke up and had a mental list of chores to accomplish. Then I had the opportunity to go for a drive and see the sun and snow. At the time we were living under a fog bank and the opportunity to see sun was something I couldn't turn down. Now I'm having my morning coffee, thinking about that chore list and the sun is streaming in the skylight.

Tonight I'm going to see the Nutcracker with Tara and need to be ready and have a few things done first. I think the chores will go easy with sunlight streaming through the windows.

And yesterday, of all things, I got to see the Christmas tree lighting in Leavenworth. It was jam packed with people so that you could barely move and I totally enjoyed the experience.

What an economic miracle, the success Leavenworth has experienced. I used to say that Leavenworth was my favorite place in Washington. But that was years ago and it has doubled and tripled in size since then. I'm not sure it is still my favorite as I'm not normally fond of crowds. But the charm of the area still tugs at me from time to time and I'm lucky enough to go there now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment